Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Jamesisms

Lately, James has been an official three-year old with the constant, "Why?"

Additionally, the past few days we've heard a lot of, "Ohhh, I didn't know ______."
As in, "James, give me a kiss. I'm going to work."
"Ohh, I didn't know you were going to work."
or
"Mommy, what are you doing?"
"Making dinner."
"Ohh, I didn't know you were making dinner."

For a while he's been replacing words in songs with "Med" or "goat" to his great amusement. For example, "You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout. I'm telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to goat!"

His new favorite replacement word is "diaper." As in, "Santa Claus is coming to diaper!" He cracks himself up with this.

The other hilarious thing is that James now thinks that wearing a hat prevents ear infections! One day during the break Dan came in from outside, and James shrieked, "Daddy! You forgot your hat! You're going to get an ear infection!"
Come again?
Yep, every time we go outside, he comments on it. In fact on Saturday when we stepped out the door, he stopped dead in his tracks and covered his ears with his hands. I quickly put his hood up for him. I guess this is what they teach them at school...




No comments: