Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dining Room




So back on Labor Day weekend, we (and by we, I mean Daddy, James and Grandpa; I wasn't allowed to help due to my "condition") painted the dining room.




I had a color in mind all summer, but it was too dark for Dan's taste, so I bought a different color.  It was too light for my taste, so I ran back out and got a compromise somewhere in the middle.



We'd like to get a larger carpet eventually, but this one (that was in the living room at the old house) will do for now.

We are trying to make some decisions about furniture.  There's the big china cabinet that came with this house,

and the one that goes with the table (and was Dan's grandparents').

We figure we'll put the big one on the big wall (where it is now) opposite the window


and the other one on the wall next to the door to the kitchen.

 But which one loses it's top?  Whichever one is "topless" will have framed photos, etc. on the wall above it.

Dan is not in love with the chandelier, but seeing as it's the best light fixture in the house, replacing it is low on the priority list.

No comments: