Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happiness

If you know me, you know how I love my family. My sisters are my best friends, and I normally talk to my mom on a close to daily basis. I also have some great extended family and have shared plenty of laughs and good times with my uncles, aunts and cousins.

Somehow, I also managed to marry into a wonderful family. Last night i was just overwhelmed by the realization that Dan's aunt, uncle, cousins, and cousins' kids have welcomed me (and my fam) into their clan, and that I just love them so much.

After supper last night, we went out ghost crab hunting. James was having soooooo much fun! They all were. They were running around with flashlights and glow sticks, "Found one! Over here!" and they'd squeal and laugh and chase it around and jump up if it came toward them. So, so, so fun. There was also a moment when we all were doing our best crab imitations-- running along sideways with our "pinchers" waving over our heads. It was hilarious.

It was such an idyllic, wonderful experience. Watching the kids have so much fun. Being on the beach. Seeing so many stars overhead. Feeling so lucky to be part of this wonderful family.

1 comment:

A said...

what a sweet moment and a sweet memory. I love Dan's fam too. Wish I was there for crab huntin'