Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So Far, So Good

Well, I went back to work yesterday. Of course, I'm only working 6.5 weeks, then taking all of next school year off, so that makes it ridiculously manageable. Nevertheless, it has gone quite well thus far. Cutie Pie has been waking up a bit earlier these two days, so that is actually good. It allows me to not only get his first meal in him with no rushing or stress, but we also get to spend some time together.

Let it be known: Dan is doing a crazy good job as stay-at-home-Dad. I'm praying that he either slows down or at least somehow manages to keep from completely burning out and getting sick. He's cleaned, done laundry, gone shopping and still managed to get James to eat and take some (short) naps!

It was a little rough leaving yesterday morning. I got choked up and had a hard time walking out the door. By the time I got down the road, I was fine. I haven't called home either day. I figure that if Dan really needs me, he can call me. By calling, I'm just bothering him, plus I don't want to hear James cry over the phone. That would break my heart. I just stay in school mode while there (aside from pumping), and eat James up while I'm home.

Pumping has been going pretty well thus far. Of course, I have recess duty this week (nice timing), so I've spent my lunch time pumping these first two days. I managed to sneak some fruit for lunch while at recess yesterday. Today I had lunch while my students were at PE in the afternoon. I think that eating lunch won't be an issue anymore. On Wed.-Fri. I won't have to pump at lunchtime because I have both morning and afternoon specials on those three days. Thus I can pump then rather than lunch. [Mondays, I have PE in the morning, and nothing in the afternoon, so I need to pump at lunch; Tuesdays I teach from 8:40 until 12:10, so I'm dying to pump by then!] Anywhim, I won't have recess duty again on a Mon or Tues after today (I think), so I'll have enough to eat and pump midday.

Oh, so one super great thing about returning to work this week is that it's Teacher Appreciation Week which means that there are all sorts of great festivities going on at school. I love the traditions that our school observes. For one, the doors are decorated by the students. My door is pretty cute: "Welcome Back, Mrs. Lepori! Thanks for running back to us!" The students all posted welcome back notes on the door, and there are pictures of running shoes. The PTO is giving us breakfast tomorrow and lunch on Friday. Our principal gives us a treat in our mailbox each day and has coffee and treats in the office as well. Older students often stop by with letters of appreciation as well. It is just lovely. Of course, I'm getting extra-special showers of appreciation upon my return, such as my principal popping in and leading my students in "three cheers for Mrs. Lepori, hip! hip! hooray!" Seriously, I love this class!

I realize that this is, quite possibly, the most poorly written entry of all time, but that's what my dual personality gets you these days. Alas.

No comments: