Monday, December 29, 2008

There, I Have Done It!

OK, so I mentioned before that Dan's been the one to put James in bed awake and have him fall asleep each night. I tried a week ago when Dan was out Christmas shopping. Thank goodness Auntie Peg was here because it was a screamfest.

Well, tonight Dan had to work late (ah, the joys of yearend). I nursed James, then read him his three books. After that, I put him in bed AWAKE. I told him goodnight, covered him up and let the crying begin. It was not too bad, so I sat in the rocking chair. After a few minutes, he stood up and really started hollering. I just rocked and tried to say cool. I let him cry for a while, then finally got up to comfort him. As I stood up, he laid down! The crying stopped. I covered him up and rubbed his back. There was some whimpering, but eventually, he fell asleep.

Amazing!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Your subject just made me smile..a little Dr. Noid humor is what everyone needs at 10:45 AM.