Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bedtime Update plus a Little Pretending

So, James hasn't particularly asked to go to bed since Sunday night. However, he's not crying and carrying on at bedtime as he has at times. So that is good. Of course, on Monday night he didn't actually go to sleep until after 10:00! Mind you, he was in bed around 7....

In other news, James and Dan watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one day recently. Since then James has taken to calling me Daisy Duck. Dan is Goofy, and James is Donald Duck. He walks into the kitchen and says, "What are you doing, Daisy?"
"Making you breakfast."
"You're making Donald breakfast?"
"Yes, Donald Duck, I'm making you breakfast."

One night this week in the middle of the night James called out, "Goofy! Where are you? Come back, Goofy!"
I walked in (Goofy remained asleep in bed), and James whispered, "I need duck milk." Really.

Tonight James wore his Woody jammies to bed. He walked into the living room and said, "You want to read me stories, Jessie?" When I told him that Daddy was going to do story time tonight, he said, "Come on Buzz Lightyear."
To which Dan replied, "Okay, let's go. To infinity!"
"And Beyond!"

2 comments:

A said...

JAMES IS SO MUCH FUN! And hilarious!
I still laugh out loud (lol, you know) at the duck milk, and I think this is the third or fourth time I've read that tale.

Also, this makes me like TV and movies for the kiddos. Please advise.

Jen said...

Right! I know! So, we didn't let him watch TV until he was almost two, and we limit it. He's only seen the one movie.

I think it's fine in moderation.
Reading books is helpful for the pretending as well, but there is something to be said for seeing the characters in action.