Friday, June 29, 2012

John is Five Months Old


John is five months old today. In a way I cannot believe he's so old already. In another way, it seems like he's been part of our family for so long.


To celebrate, he's wearing a 9 mo.(!!) sized outfit! (He can still wear 6 mo., but definitely not 3 mo.)


John weighs 16(!) pounds now and has started eating "solids." At his four month check-up, the doctor said he was ready to start, but I didn't believe her. Haha. James didn't start until six months, and I had the same schedule in my head for John. Which would have him starting after we get home from our trip to the beach and my reunion. After discussing it (and me shedding a few tears about my baby growing up too fast) Dan and I decided not to feed John right away.

After a week or so it seemed like he wanted to nurse all. the. time., so we whipped up some rice cereal, got out a silver spoon, and shot some video footage. This was dinner time on a random weeknight early last week, btw. It was a disaster as John was rather tired and cranky. Okay, we'll wait. But the incessant nursing demands continued, so Saturday morning I gave it another shot. Success! (this video is from this week, not Saturday morning)



He's been having the rice cereal twice a day pretty much every day since then! On to barley and oats soon!

No comments: