Thursday, June 21, 2012

Musical Beds

The past few nights we've been playing musical beds. John is sleeping well, but not as well as he did a week and a half ago (when he slept through the night for one week). He goes to sleep between 7 and 8, then sleeps until at least 12.

Anyway, on Tuesday night James came into our bed just as John was waking up for a middle of the night feeding. I fed John and came back to my crowded bed only to hear John crying again shortly thereafter. I ended up sleeping with John in James's bed.

Last night I woke up at some point in the middle of the night, surprised that I hadn't been woken by John yet. As I turned to check the monitor, I found James beside me! When John woke up a bit later I ended up sleeping with him in the chair for a few hours before getting up to go for a run.

On the way to school this morning, I had the following conversation with James--
Me: So, you came to our bed last night.
James: yep.
Me: I was surprised when you were there.
James: Did you hear me come in?
Me: No, I woke up in the middle of the night, and there you were.
James: That's because I was quiet like a ninja.
Me: (laughter)

1 comment:

A said...

you may need to be a little more on your guard if there is a ninja stalking around your bedroom. :)