Monday, January 28, 2013

An Open Letter to my Younger Sisters

Dear Ali and Maggie,
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for all the times I wouldn't let you talk. I'm sorry for demanding attention during your moments. I'm sorry that it's always about me.
I'm sorry for being loud. And bossy.
I'm sorry for taking my (former) toys or clothes away from you, even if I hadn't touched (or thought about) them in ages because they were "mine."
I'm sorry if I called you names.
I'm sorry for encouraging you to eat butter. And ham fat.
I'm sorry that I needed to observe my firstborn around his little brother before really "getting it."
Thank you for putting up with me.
Thank you for teaching me to share. And to be nice.
Thank you for being so generous and caring that I strive to be more like you even now.
Thank you for all the fun. And the laughs. Lots and lots of laughs.
I'm very, very glad you're my sisters. I love you, and I'm so hopeful that James and John can share a friendship like ours.
Love, your big sister,
Jen

No comments: