Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow Much Fun!

When I went to bed last night (no, make that when I went to bed this morning), I saw a blanket of white outside. Sure enough, we had enough snow for the town to call a delayed opening for school which means James's AM Pre-school class was cancelled. Snow Day!

After carbo-loading with a three-course breakfast (oatmeal, SmartStart cereal, cinnamon swirl toast), James was eager to head outside.

I gathered up all our gear-- one pile for John, one for James, one for me. Then we suited up and headed out.

We started in the front yard where James thoroughly enjoyed sledding down the hill into the street, and John crawled about periodically purposefully plunging his face into the snow for a bite. He was absolutely delighted to join his brother for a few sled rides.

Then we headed to the backyard where James did some stunt sledding down the steps (and into a bush). John loved going down the slide into the snow. Then James and I took turns pulling John around the yard in the sled while he giggled with glee.

We built a snowman. I wanted to build it out front, but James insisted on the backyard. It's rather cute. (Next time I'll bring a carrot outside with us; I wasn't going to go back in for one.) We also made snow angels.

Then it was back to the front for a few more rides down the hill-- some solo James, some solo John (James loved waiting at the bottom for his little brother!), some with both boys, and a couple with all three of us on board!

Then we put away the sled (in our newly cleaned and organized garage-- thanks, Daddy!), and headed in for a lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

Here's to some good napping this afternoon!























No comments: