Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update

I'm interrupting my backlog of holiday posting to bring you some of James's new favorites.

He loves, loves, loves church. Thinks communion is great. We were the oblation bearers on Dec. 20th, and he thought the bread looked like a big pancake. After we handed it to Fr. Parnell, James said, "More, more pancake," on our way back to the pew. He really enjoys kneeling for communion which is hysterical since the rail is about to his forehead. Upper forehead. He also likes the songs. As I type this he's singing the great Amen. "Aaaa- men! Aaaa-men! Aaa-men!" Very cute. Last Sunday he was fond of the stained glass. "I see Mary and Joseph." (pronounced something like "Jopheph.") "I see sheep. Nice lamb."

His favorite new skill is removing his pants. He's done it when he's supposed to be taking a nap a few times as of late. He falls asleep pantsless. He even removed his pj pants one night recently. Right now he's walking/waddling around with his jeans at his ankles. No joke.

Some new catch phrases are "I want..." "I need..." and "No way." All great fun, as you can imagine. Really testing out that two-year-old independence. "I need that truck," he said in the fancy baby store in NYC on Monday. "No way!" he said over and over during his two-year-old photo shoot yesterday at the mall.

He also really likes singing. During our last minute shopping last week, he'd request songs about Joseph (I'd sing "Knock, knock, knock"), Mary ("Mary had a baby") and Santa. Then he'd sing them himself. Frosty is still a fave, and he can sing it all himself.

He likes to say "Little riding hood" when I put his hood on him. VERY cute!

Oh, Dan's family all have Santa hats. Dan has a big one with "Dan" on the brim, and a little one with "Danny" on it. James likes to wear the Danny hat. Now all Santa hats are known as "Danny hats." Yesterday at the mall he'd point out the Danny hats to me. "That snowman has Danny hat."






No comments: