Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trixie Update

34 (and a half) weeks, and all is well.

I went for a check-up yesterday, and had only gained a pound in the last two weeks which they said was "perfect."  (And impressive given that I ate lots of holiday goodies!)

I don't know what my belly measurement was, but whatever it was, they were happy with that as well.  Blood pressure and such also was great.  And, as I suspected, Trixie is now head-down.  (On Friday I had this really weird sensation whilst we were grocery shopping, and felt kind of nauseated all afternoon.  That night I felt a foot over in the area where James's had been four years ago and thought I felt the head down low.)

Other than the nausea on Friday, I feel great!  I'm pretty sure I feel better now than I did at this point with James.  I'm not having any of the sciatica problems I did then, and I'm still running.  Hooray!  Lately I've been running five minutes then walking one minute for a total of about 20-30 minutes.  I feel like I'm plodding along, but Dan was outside when I was running this weekend and said I looked like I was moving along at a pretty respectable pace.

This weekend we're going to an all-day Lamaze refresher after which I'll go ahead and pack the bags.  Just to be prepared.  My last day is Jan. 20th-- no need to be in labor at school this time around-- which gives me three weeks off before my due date.

James is still excited.  He's asked a few times lately, "Is the baby coming soon?"  He likes to hug and kiss my belly which is super sweet and heartwarming.

No comments: