Monday, August 27, 2007

24 Weeks and All is Well




Today was my 24 week check-up. The doctor told me I'll enter the third trimester in two and two-thirds weeks. Funny. Anyway, everything went well. I'd only gained two pounds since my last visit 4 weeks ago (I was astonished!), and they said my weight gain was "right in the middle" of where it should be. My uterus measured 24 cm, and the baby's pulse was good. They didn't seemed concerned about my two random vitamin barfing incidents. Also, the doctor said the baby must like bananas (Like Mom, like baby!), since I'd eaten one this morning and he/she was moving all over the place. Later in the morning, I got my car inspected, and it was the first time that a stranger had asked me about the pregnancy. The final inspector, a woman, asked how far along I was. We chatted a bit, and she told me that her daughter had been due on Jan. 1st and born on Christmas Eve (which, by the by, is the day I expect this baby to be born).

No comments: