Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Maternity Leave

So today I was out running errands and in a rather good mood (as I had purchased 4 maternity t-shirts for school for a grand total of $19.96!) when I received a voicemail from school. My mood suddenly and drastically changed. It seems they've assumed I'd be out through June, and hired my replacement. Well, we'd been spending the summer seriously contemplating the idea of me returning in May, Dan staying home and us keeping the health benefits. Dan spent part of this afternoon talking to the HR department at work, and found out that he can do it. He won't get paid, but I will when I return. It's just stressful because I'm nervous about the decision altogether... I was just blissfully thinking that it wouldn't matter if I hadn't decided yet... Now I have to call school and tell them because they want to send out a letter.

No comments: