Wednesday, December 5, 2007

38 Weeks and Going Strong!

Well, all seems to be going well for Baby and Mommy Lepori. I had a checkup on Monday evening at which I impressed the woman doctor (whom I hadn't seen previously-- there are so many in this practice!) with my lack o' stretch marks and report of feeling great. Baby tried to evade the doppler, so it took us a little while to hear the heartbeat. I managed not to freak out because I had felt Baby moving around so much whilst waiting for the doctor to come in to the room, so I knew he/she was fine.

I was rather heavy on the ol' scale, but still not as heavy as two weeks ago. Plus this was a different office and thus a different scale. Baby's HR was 130-something this week.

That's pretty much it for the medical news.

People are giving me less of a hard time about Baby's impending arrival. I do think I've dropped some now, but I also know that can happen weeks (not days or moments) before delivery. I still feel great, and I think I'm walking fairly normally. Even the woman who has been accusing me of waddling for weeks conceded that I'm not. Funny. The overwhelming opinion seems to be that Baby is a boy, but we'll see... they all have a 50% chance of being right!

Meanwhile, Dan is almost finished painting Baby's second dresser (which I believe will be full of blankets-- we have received LOTS in the past week). It is BEAUTIFUL. When he finishes the trim, I promise to post some photos.

Oh, a little while ago Baby pushed out just above my bellybutton and totally made the top part of it stick out. It was so funny.

I repacked our hospital bags last night... I'm getting pretty excited to meet this child!

No comments: