Friday, December 7, 2007

4th Grade Baby Predictions

Today we created a chart at school. The students' names went down the left and across the top were the headings: gender, date, weight, length, name suggestions. My darling kiddos then got to write in their predictions for Baby. I think only about 5 of the 19 said "girl," and a large number chose 12/21 as the birthdate. Most of the weight was in the 7-8 pound range although there were some great amazing predictions like 13 and 14 pounds (let's hope not!). My personal favorite column is the length because the kids were HI-larious! I think the range is something like 6 inches to 15 inches. Yes, Baby is going to be a heavy short little thing. What?! So funny!

There were some good name choices. I was amazed when one person wrote "Dalton" as that is actually a name in my family! There were lots of Matts, and a few cute names as well. The funniest one was Tomantha which, in case you haven't guessed already, is a combination of Tom and Samantha. You gotta love fourth graders!

No comments: