Thursday, December 13, 2007

Storm = No Sonogram

Well, first let's point out that today is Dec. 13th, and I made it through school today; just one more day!

Next, I will let you know that we won't be getting any updates/measurements of Baby Lepori this evening. The ultrasound technician canceled all the appointments for today because she could not make it in to work.

Maybe she lives further west, but I think that is lame. I went to work all day and made it home just fine. It snowed for a while, pretty heavily in fact (my students were completely distracted/excited), then changed to sleet. Anyway, it got cleared from the major roads. People are, thankfully, driving cautiously, so my commute home was just fine.

So, when I called the doctor's office and found out my appointment was canceled, I was asked if I wanted to reschedule. When I said yes, they replied that the soonest appointment was for Wednesday morning at 10:40! Whatevs... but I did take it. By that time I'll have had another check-up (Monday evening) and the due date will have come and gone...

Back to school: My students had a Baby Shower for me this afternoon. It was really cute, and they did a great job of keeping it a secret. They gave me a basket of books-- one (or sometimes more than one) from each child with really cute notes inside them (i.e. "To Mrs. Lepori and Baby Lepori, This was one of my favorite books when I was a baby. I hope you enjoy reading it together." or "To Baby Lepori, I hope you enjoy this book. Your mom is the best.")

I am still a bit freaked out that tomorrow is my last day. I am kind of sad, but on the other hand I am so looking forward to meeting Baby! Also, yesterday my custodian informed me that he's looking forward to winning a bunch o' money if I come to school tomorrow. Funny.

Last thing: I had a great conversation with the teacher who just returned from her maternity leave. She asked if we knew the gender. When I replied no, but that we'd gotten lots of "boy" predictions, she said, "It doesn't matter, because when it's a girl, they'll all say, 'I knew it was a girl all along'." She is so right, because they are all already changing their tune regarding Baby's "immanent" arrival. No more of that silly "Your lips have changed," talk. In fact they're all saying I haven't dropped yet. So funny.

1 comment:

This working mom said...

YAY! We are so thrilled to hear that baby James Michael is home. We pray he continues to grow and bless his new mommy and daddy! Love, the Gretos