Friday, September 5, 2008

On the Move!

So, you know that James is big on rolling. He has gotten really fast with his rolling skills. I mean, sometimes I think he may have wizarding skills because he is so fast across the floor!


I also believe that I posted about his first crawl-- it was toward a golf ball (much to Dan's delight). Nana arrived that day and informed us that it wasn't really crawling because his belly wasn't up off the floor. Oh well.


Now, folks, he is really crawling. Belly up. He started last weekend. He'd crawl a few "paces" then go down on his belly and commence pulling himself with his ridiculously strong arms. But as each day goes by, he crawls more and creeps less. In fact, i haven't seen him creep at all today.


When he gets tired he rolls. Fast.




He also climbs a bit. For about a week, the vacuum had been in the middle of our bedroom floor. James would stare at it wistfully from the Pack & Play or crawl to it when he was on the floor. Yesterday we finally vacuumed the bedroom (and hit the rest if the house again), and James couldn't get enough of the vacuum-- he had to be in the same room as it, and was sad when I put it away.






Another interesting event occurred yesterday while I was snapping some photos of James playing with a (non-spoon) toy from Nana. Luckily I was able to get a picture of this as soon as it happened even though I was freaking out.


James stood up on his own (with assistance from ottoman)! Oh man... here we go!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi there! I love your blog . . . your little boy is so sweet! And I have a baby James too :)

Jen said...

Thanks, Pamela!