Wednesday, May 27, 2009

REAL Housewife of New Jersey

Alright, so I don't live in Franklin Lakes, but I am in Bergen County, and I am a housewife.  So what was my day like yesterday?

Alarm went off at 5:00, and I was outside running by 5:08.  No, it isn't a vanity, weight-loss thing like a certain television housewife (and let's be honest, I'm pretty sure could beat Danielle in a foot race with one leg tied behind my back), but rather speedwork in preparation for a 10K in less than two weeks.  Back home to find James playing with Daddy.  I took a quick shower before nursing James, then Dan headed off for gym & work.  

Off to the kitchen.  Brewed coffee, made cream o' wheat for James, toasted a bagel for myself, fed James, glanced over the paper, delighted in coffee, cleaned James....

Got James dressed and read him Ferdinand, by request, three times.  Then packed the diaper bag with snacks & a cup of milk and headed out the door.  Managed to get James into the car (when all he really wanted to do was go on the slide) and drove to our music class.  Got there a little early (!) so was able to walk up and down the full flight of stairs two and a half times holding James's hand (he's LOVING stairs lately).  Dancing, playing rhythm instruments and singing for 45 minutes with James and other Real New Jersey Housewives & their toddlers.  Then another few trips down & up the staircase.  Sat in the car with James while he had his snack.  Drove home and carried a sleeping toddler inside.

After dealing with the hysterics of waking up from an unscheduled nap, I fed James lunch, tried to get him to take his regularly scheduled nap, checked email, paid bills, balanced the checkbook (do the ladies on Bravo do that?)....  

Headed out to the nearest running store for two new pairs of shoes (and used a coupon!) and heaved a huge sigh of relief that we had enough leftovers from Memorial Day that I didn't have to do anything for dinner.  Spent a bit of time getting organized for the next day's tutoring while James played with his trucks. 

Dinner with James and Dan.  Then cleaned the kitchen and living room while Dan put James to bed.  Finally, I settled on the couch to watch a DVD we'd borrowed from the library followed, of course, by this week's episode of Housewives on Bravo....

2 comments:

Daniel said...

The tv show sounds a little more exciting.. :)

Jen said...

And that, Daniel, is why Bravo did not choose to follow my life...