Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good Times

Well, we're already mid-way through this week. Boo!

For reasons as yet unknown, James decided to have a "party" from about 12:30 AM (which was just as I was nodding off after watching the Olympics) until almost 4:00 this morning when he and I finally fell asleep on the couch. And then he woke up at 10 'til 7. Nice. I tried to keep sleeping while he got down and started playing with his train. However, he put his teachers' antics to work-- removing my blankets. This is what they do to him and his classmates if they are still sleeping at 4:15 when the lights have been turned back on in the classroom (and their awake classmates are back in the classroom playing around their sleeping bodies). I finally got the hint and got up.

Once I had breakfast I felt remarkably good. Dan headed off for a day of poker in AC, and James and I enjoyed a lovely playdate with his buddies. We even got to meet the first younger sibling of the group, Baby Joseph! It is the first time, I think, that James has been around a tiny baby (Joseph is a month old)-- he was so sweet and in awe. Fun :-) It was great to relax with the moms and watch the kids play together. After the little ones had lunch, we all headed home for naps.

I was really proud, by the bye, of how well James behaved at today's playdate. Especially given the wild night last night. He sat down nicely to take off his boots, played nicely, shared toys, ate at the table in a big chair (didn't have to be strapped in! yea!), helped clean up (a little bit), and then sat down nicely to put his boots and jacket on. Of course the best part was when he and his friends all hugged goodbye at the end. THEY ARE SO SWEET YOU COULD JUST EAT THEM UP!

Sadly, the nap at home wasn't very long. Just about an hour and 15 minutes or so. I slept as well and was so sad to have to wake up so soon.

After a little bit of playing train (of course), we headed downtown to drop off dry cleaning and pick up some groceries at the market. James was so good! He held my hand and walked along the sidewalk and through the store. I was very, very happy! Then it was home for a bit of playtime, dinner and bath.

Not a super exciting day, I know. But it was lovely.

No comments: