Monday, February 15, 2010

No More Nuk?!?

So, this afternoon James definitely started saying "milk" instead of "nuk." He did it a few times while we were in line at Whole Foods. Then on our way home Dan and I got really sad because James was sitting in the back saying, "mee-lll-k" over and over. Like he was practicing. Like he was thinking to himself, "I'm too old to say 'nuk,' I need to get this right."

Dan looked over at me, and I really did break into tears. Our little guy is growing up.

In somewhat related news, James's verbal skills have advanced enough that we can ask him what happened, and he'll tell us. He does pretty well answering questions. He told Grandma what he'd had for lunch and he told Daddy why he was crying.

2 comments:

A said...

James is the most verbal little dude I have ever met. Why was he crying anyway?

Jen said...

I didn't hear the entire crying explanation. I believe it had something to do with Gordon's Hill falling apart on the train tracks.