Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three Years Old


James woke up yesterday morning to me singing, "Happy Birthday to You," to which he promptly said, "Stop singing, Mommy! Don't sing that."

I reminded him that it was his birthday as he headed into the kitchen. There a gift bag awaited him (filled with Toy Story figurines), and his mood shifted. Soon he was proclaiming, "I'm three! I'm not two!" for all to hear.

When I picked him up after school, he started singing, "Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear me-e, Happy Birthday to me!" So cute!

We had planned to have a festive family viewing of "The Best of James" (the red engine), a DVD one of his friends gave him for his birthday, last night, but James said, "I'm tired. Let's read stories, Daddy." Hmm, could someone be growing up?

No comments: