Monday, September 9, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten (pt 1)


James is off to kindergarten this morn. He practically skipped, hopped and jogged all the way there! (It's so nice to live within walking distance, especially on the first day when the parental paparazzi make for quite the traffic situation!)
We found his teacher's line, and he excitedly greeted his friends. (So glad he went to preschool there last year-- our goal of lessening the number of transitions while also giving him an opportunity to meet kids in town and get to know his school certainly was a success.)


Soon enough the teachers came out, and the lines of kindergarteners filed into the building. I'm not going to lie-- I got a bit teary-eyed. Sure, partly because my cutie is growing up, but also because I'm so grateful to have been there to see him off this morning. Next year, I'll be back to "working (outside the home) mom" status, and may very well be welcoming my own students to school as James heads in the door to first grade... Cherishing every moment this year!


No comments: