Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Few Thoughts



James helped me vacuum today. He rode in the Bjorn. You will note in the self photograph that the Bjorn comes up OVER his shoulders. Moms of the world, take note. Please stop fastening the Bjorn under your babies' armpits! I see this oh-so-often, and every time that I do, I get annoyed. I know, it is the rule-follower in me, but seriously, the thing isn't meant to be worn like that, and I fear for your babies' safety!


Now, back to vacuuming. Here is something I love about all our new furniture (bedroom and living room)-- you can vacuum under it. So nice! In the bedroom I can go under everything. And I do. Right now in the living room, I can get under everything except the bookcase (which is wood, not MDF, so I can pull it out from the wall easily enough), the TV stand (oh well, I can get around it much better now that the media shelf thingy is gone), and the Drexel cabinet/endtable thingy (which, in our new set up is pulled out from the wall enough that I can get behind it with the vacuum tube-- sweet!). Oh, and I cannot get under the ottoman, but it is mobile, so there you go.




We are still in the midst of dealing with our media: CDs, DVDs, VHS and cassette tapes... You can see the media cabinet thingy behind "my" chair. Last night we took out all the CDs and put them into our new CD towers (purchased at a yard sale last weekend) which need to be put in a "spot" instead of in front of the "bar." The CDs are alphabetized (allelulia!), and after four years of marriage and 4 years of premarital cohabitation, our CDs are officially co-mingled!



Oh, a few nights ago I told Dan he was becoming his dad: falling asleep in the recliner watching TV. Was this hurtful? I certainly did not intend it in such a manner. Dan, if your feelings were hurt, I again apologize. I was just making an observation. I mean, really, who could blame you? The chair is perfectly angled toward the TV and is oh-so-comfy (and man, the leather smells good!).


I am really glad about the procurement of the ottoman. It matches the recliner well enough and is the perfect height for James to practice standing. He likes to bang on it, and I don't have to worry so much about him getting hurt (like I did with that iron and glass piece that was the coffee table). It is small enough to give James plenty o' space for playing on the floor, and for us to join him.

Oh, so here's what brought on the vacuuming in the first place: dirt + mobile baby. No, no, he isn't crawling yet (although he has pulled his bum up a few times); the boy loves to roll. Yesterday he rolled over to Daddy's sneakers and banged them around a lot. This removed dirt from the shoes onto the floor. Well, the sneakers got put away last night, but the dirt didn't. Today, James rolled off the rug and onto the hardwood and derived much enjoyment from his ability to swivel easily. He was grabbing for items from his toy basket and rotating this way and that. It was all well and good until I remembered that he was laying in the spot where the sneakers once resided... his belly was quite dirty! It was hilarious. Then we vacuumed.


No comments: