Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Such a Cutie

I am writing about this because I never want to forget it.

You know that James is obsessed with cleaning the floor.  We gave him the Swiffer (and bought a new one for ourselves, which, of course, he wants) and keep it short for him.  I attached a dishtowel to it, so that it's always at the ready.

It has become really handy now that he's learned to tip his straw cups upside down.  When he does, I take away the cup and tell him to clean up his mess.  He grabs his Swiffer and goes to it.

Well, tonight he had chicken noodle soup for supper, but didn't finish it.  Evidently I left the unfinished soup too near the edge of the table, for after I got James down from his chair, and turned my back to clean his bib, he grabbed the soup and took it down.  Broth splashed all over the chair I'd been sitting in and on the floor.  I got the soup away from him and started mopping up the chair's seating pad.  James said, "broom," and grabbed his Swiffer.  I said, "Oh, are you going to clean up your mess?"  He didn't start cleaning the puddle on the floor.  He popped the Swiffer right up into the seat.  

It was so cute.  He was really trying to help!

No comments: