Friday, November 2, 2012

Four days later...

It was this time Monday night when the power went out. Still out.

We've rearranged the family room so that the seating is near the fireplace. The TV is ignored, off to the side. I don't really miss it. It's nice going to bed early, all four of us together, no fussing from James (he's fallen asleep in front of the fire almost every night).
Sure the bed is crowded, but we're warm and getting more hours of sleep than usual by far!

The boys are both working on new skills-- James has been reading more new words (last night he read Heinz Cocktail Sauce!), and John is cruising as well as more consistently crawling with his belly up. (he also ate and then spit up a leaf this morning. Good times.)

Dan went back to work today. By bike. We're trying to conserve gas as that situation is getting out of control...

John had a nap this morning during which I did some cleaning by the light of the sun. I even dusted!

Then I took the boys to our friend-with-the-generator's house where several of us met and had lunch, charged phones, and talked while the kids played. So nice!

Tonight we had "grilled" lasagna (the last of the lasagnas Dan made when John was born) with apple pie for dessert. (another freezer treasure baked on the grill)

James enjoys playing with glow sticks each night and is currently cuddled on Daddy's lap enjoying stories by the fire. I have a snoozing babe in my lap.

Tomorrow we rake.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What size is John wearing- 12-18 mo. Looks like you are no longer rolling the sleeves on that sweater. Looks like you are using it as much as I did- it is a real workhorse:) I really should knit him one of his own, the problem is that it will be summer by the time I finish.... at the rate I seem to knit these days.

Jen said...

Ha ha! No worries. He is, in fact, wearing 12-18 months. He's so tall! By the way, he lived in that sweater last week. Thanks!