Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This morning we were awoken by the original human alarm clock, James. We were tickled in our bed and otherwise entertained before John summoned me away to his room.
After some quality time with him, I made a pot of coffee and headed off to do a 5K one town over. It was a fun start to the day, and I was pretty pleased withy performance given my (lack of) training lately.
I darted home after crossing the finish and was able to join James in watching the start of the parade on tv. He was really into it this year, but I had to DVR it for him as he, Daddy, and Grandpa were off to a high school football game.
After the game, we all convened at Grandpa and Grandma's for some yummy food and drink. John enjoyed the feast-- sweet potato, green beans, turkey, cranberry sauce!
We took a break before dessert during which we caught the rebroadcast of the parade and played with some vintage Star Wars and Connect Four ("Pretty sneaky, Sis!")
After pie, coffee, and NFL, we came home and put our sweet boys to bed.
So Thankful!!





No comments: