Friday, November 30, 2007

37 Weeks and All is Well

So today is the 13th anniversary of Dan and I meeting. Just in case you wanted to know.

Anyway, this has been a busy and good week. On Monday my fourth grade colleagues came to my classroom after school to tell me that I had to change my doctor's appointment that was scheduled for Thursday. Allegedly at lunch that day, when someone was asking me about how things were going, when I was seeing the doctor again, etc., and I mentioned my Thursday afternoon appt., the whole room flipped out, but I missed it. Bottom line: my school shower was planned for Thursday. Thus, I called the doctor's office and rescheduled for Wed.

The doctor's visit was good: My weight is 154.5 lbs. This is less than the weight from Thanksgiving Eve's appointment (when it appeared I had gained A LOT in two weeks), so the nurse, doctor and I all think that was a fluke measurement. My strepB was negative, so I won't need antibiotics during delivery (yea!). I got to hear Baby's heartbeat-- always great! Not much else. I go back on Monday (and the two following Mondays).

The shower on Thursday was really nice. Eric made some very tastey sugar cookies in the shape of little baby feet (although some people thought they were ghosts or angel wings) in pink and blue. There were pink and blue of everything; I took a pink cup, blue plate, pink fork and blue napkin. Anyway, I received many wonderful gifts (lots of clothes!) and am so grateful for all the well wishes and generosity.

In exciting news, my cousin and his wife had their second son yesterday morning. He looks very cute, and it seems that both Baby Lincoln and Momma Anne are doing well. Hooray!

Oh-- in things that annoy me news:
  • there are two people at school who are convinced I'm having the baby any day now ("Look at her lips" yeah, whatever, they're chapped, ...)
  • A woman at Macy's asked me if I was having twins.
  • The custodians are making bets about whether I'll last until Dec. 14th or not (my planned last day)-- I told the guy who sweeps my room to bet on me making it.
  • I finally was ready to buy a nursing bra at Macy's today, but they wouldn't accept my 20% off coupon even though it didn't say that it excludes maternity. I refused to buy it after that.
  • I saw a rear view of myself in the dressing room at Macy's and I am quite unhappy about the size of my rear end.

No comments: