Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It is laryngitis Subtitle: I love parenthesis.

Well, Dan called the doctors office last night trying to get me an appointment, so they called first thing this morning. I had to whisper on the phone to the receptionist which was hilarious. She started talking very softly to me. I also wrote up a little summary of the onset of my symptoms and the possible causes I had brainstormed (excess dust exposure from the cleaning last weekend, excess crying Mon. morning). The doctor found this interesting I think. Whatevs. I wasn't a big fan of her, but I'm not a big fan of the practice as a whole (this is NOT my OB), so there you are. Anyway, the strep test was negative (yea!) and there are no signs of infection (yea!), so all I can do is rest & wait (annoying). She did give me a prescription for an antibiotic (of course), which I won't fill, in case things get worse. I came home and took a nap then did a bit o' internet research on WebMD which also said I just have to rest (and cease whispering) and drink fluids. It also recommended using a humidifier... I think I'll go set up the AWESOME penguin humidifier we got as a shower gift.

No comments: