Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just in Case

So, our friends Matt & Nancy just had their daughter on Friday night... four weeks early. She is said to be feisty and doing well as is Nancy. Last month our friend Jenn had her daughter 2 weeks early. Dan was born somewhere around 4-6 weeks early. Granted, all of these were second children, but it was enough to scare Dan and I into thinking that Baby could get here a lot sooner than we expect...
With that in mind, I packed my bags last night. We were told to have two separate bags: one for birth and one for afterwards. We even received a packing list for both. My birth bag is done; I just need some snacks for Dan which I need to go to the grocery store to procure. My other bag is mostly done. I just need to pack Baby's going home outfit, which means I need to wash baby clothes, which means I need to get some proper detergent, which again means I must go to the grocery store.
Now I feel a little better, but I still hope Baby waits until close to the due date.
Oh-- Dan set up the crib yesterday also. It is beautiful and makes Baby's arrival more real. And is one more way we've gotten ready!

No comments: