Saturday, November 10, 2007

Furniture Fun!




So today we got our new bedroom furniture from Ethan Allan. It is beautiful (as you can see). I have moved my clothes into my new dresser, but Dan hasn't done his yet. He's been too busy working on the refinishing trial... He is considering refinishing a dresser for Baby. To test his technique, he's doing an end table from the same set of furniture as said dresser. Depending on how it turns out, he'll either move forward with refinishing or not. In the meantime, his dresser is in Baby's room, and as soon as he empties it into his gorgeous new dresser, I'll wash Baby's clothes (with the all free & clear I bought) and start setting up the nursery.
Of course, the nursery is pretty much a disaster area right now. It received much of the stuff from our room so that we could move in the new stuff. (Btw, we TOTALLY cleaned the heck out of our room-- cleaned under the carpet, vacuumed four times, washed the curtains, cleaned the windows, etc. before the furniture arrived.) We've agreed to reassemble Baby's crib also, so it is in a state of un-assembly right now... I'm thinking Baby's room will be looking fabulous by week's end though. I just took a peek at the re-finishing project going on in the basement, and it seems to be going pretty well...

No comments: